If you are interested in volunteering, please visit the links below to find an area where your skills and expertise can be put to good use!
The finance committee is responsible for presenting the financial health of MGTA to the board at monthly board meetings and for working with the office to answer any questions, establish budgets, and act as liaison for any questions by the board and other committee members.
The membership committee works to establish processes that ensure member retention, actively seeks out new members to join the organization, and deals with miscellaneous member questions and/or inquiries.
Professional Development Programs
The Professional Development Program Committee plans and implements monthly seminars sponsored by MGTA. The committee is in charge of gathering speakers and content and working with the office to make sure this information is communicated to the membership.
The communications team is in charge of gathering content and working with the office to develop the MGTA World Trader newsletter, keep the MGTA website current, and ensure proper processes for communicating to the general membership.
The special events/forums committee works on special events put on by MGTA, including the annual meeting, the golf event, and special events. They are also responsible for developing the content, layout, and logistics for the forums, a new addition to MGTA educational offerings.
MGTA’s desire is to increase our members’ involvement in order to:
- Sustain the association and its benefits
- Increase the value to the members of the various committee activities
- Take MGTA to the next level of a sustained top class association
- Spread the workload
- Bring new ideas
- Give members an opportunity to get involved, lead, build their credentials, and make a difference in the regional international trade community.
What’s in it for you?
- Civic/professional involvement
- Leadership experience
- A voice for your company
- Association-building and regional trade community development
- A sense of contribution/accomplishment
Remember: We all get out of MGTA what we collectively put into it!Calendar of Board and Committee Meetings.